Join our Business Development TeamPosted on Nov 01, 2023
We’ve got an exciting opportunity to join our Business Development Team! If you’re keen to join a passionate and friendly team and begin your career within our Business Development Team, this could be your ideal role!
Your main responsibilities
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing payroll partners in the North West, by visiting workplaces and engaging with employees.
- Promoting credit union membership, savings & loans to payroll partner employees to increase uptake.
- Support members with online services to enable them to ‘self-serve’.
- Liaise with payroll partners to arrange & deliver Wellbeing events & Roadshows in line with agreed schedule.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local work-place volunteers – our Ambassadors.
- Gather territory intelligence to expand payroll opportunities and feedback to BDL & CMO.
- Meeting sales/revenue targets to deliver business growth.
- Represent Penny Post Group at promotional events, awards, exhibitions, and networking including conferences and industry events and feedback potential growth opportunities to BDL.
- Promote the Penny Post Group at every opportunity and raise its profile across the membership common bond.
- Be a team player and a key part of the Marketing and Business Development Team.
- Work closely with the BDL to deliver the Business Development Strategy.
- Self-sufficient in diary & time management & own administration.
- Resolving issues efficiently and in a timely manner.
- To assist with and provide support to other projects and activities as and when required.
- To keep accurate, up to date records and ensure all administration is complete and up to date.
- Maintain and develop own skills, knowledge and aptitudes as well as keep up to date with regulatory standards and changes.
What we offer
- Competitive salary of £28,000 – £32,000 depending on experience
- 25 days Annual Leave, plus Bank Holidays
- 4% Employer Contribution to Pension
- Death In Service Insurance – 4 times salary, with no qualifying period
- Paycare Health Cash Plan including optical, dental, other health screening and consultations (after completing probation)
- Company Car or mileage allowance if prefer to use own vehicle
- Training & Personal Development plan
- Company events and award ceremonies
The successful candidate will possess the skills and knowledge in business development/relationship management; ability to build and maintain strong client and business relationships; excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively in writing, by ‘phone and face-to-face; be a charismatic, people person, capable of engaging with both client and members; excellent time, diary & self-management; good conflict resolution and problem-solving skills; work independently and as part of a team, to set priorities, to work under pressure and meet deadlines; excellent IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM software, although training will be provided; deal calmly and professionally in stressful situations and ask for help where appropriate; to be flexible and undertake additional activities as required.
Training programmes and workshops will be provided to ensure that knowledge of policies and procedures are up to date and work accordingly, and to maintain a strong knowledge of the Penny Post Group’s products and services.
Working hours will be 35 hours per week, 08:30am to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of the role, there will be extensive travel within the North West visiting payroll partner workplaces, and time can be split between the Manchester office and working from home. Occasional overnight stays may apply. Attendance at evening meetings, training events and conferences (some held at weekends) may be required on occasion.
If you feel that you have the experience, the skills set and the passion for this role, please send through your fully updated CV to Rhian Johnson at email@example.com for immediate consideration.